Another lazy Sunday is about to end unfortunately and I have not made a single post for my blog so I’ve thought of posting a filler. I just saw this on Chico’s blog and it was suggested by a co-blogger Moks. I’ve seen my friend ODH followed this post so I told myself maybe I can do that too since I’m running out of time and my lazy brain doesn’t want to cooperate and give me something to write about.
So here it is. This is really fun! Just follow these easy steps:
1. Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page and click on “Random Article”. The first random Wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.
2. Go to http://quotationspage.com/ and click on “Random Quotes”. The last few words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.
3. Go to http://www.flickr.com/explore/ and click on “Interesting photos from the last seven days”. The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover. And in case you decide to post the final product, even if we’re just doing this for fun, don’t forget to acknowledge whoever owns the original image!
4. Use Photoshop to put it all together.
5. And voila, you’ve got you band’s CD album cover!
I just love how dramatic my album cover looked. My band name was an actual song of a band called “A Tribe Called Quest”. Unfortunately I erroneously closed the tab after getting the last few words from the quotation (sorry I can’t credit the owner), ‘Apt to be serious’ as my album name which I totally find funny since I think I really am in dire need to be taken seriously. And lastly, the picture care of francesco12corde was perfect as the album cover!
I put everything all together in PowerPoint then edited it at paint since I’m not a Photoshop user. But still, I think I nailed the cover. Try it out; too, I’m sure you’d have a blast.