Last Wednesday during my PT session, I was asked to bring my X-ray film so my attending therapist can give me an exercise appropriate for my curving spine. To give you an idea, this is how my spine looks like. (encircled image)
So I was given 2 additional exercises and these are the following:
Lower back stretch
- Lie on your back.
- Pull both knees up to chest as far as they will go.
- Hold for 10+ seconds, repeat 5 times.
- This exercise stretches the muscles around the lumbar vertebrae.
- Start on your hands and knees.
- Arch your back upwards, like an angry cat, hold for a couple of seconds and then arch the back downwards, like a happy cat.
- Repeat this exercise 10 to 20 times.
I’m just sharing this because I really find the cat stretch sexy and funny at the same time. I’ve also found a YouTube video on flexing and strengthening.