1. What did you do in 2011 that you’ve never done before?
- I’ve bought a property or should I say, I’m paying for the down payment of my future property.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year?
- I’m not doing new years’ resolutions since 2009 but I’m doing 101 things to do in 1001 days that will end July 28, 2012. I really need to update this since the last update I’ve made about this was 2010 I think.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
- Yes my sister-in-law, Joy.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
- My dog Tracy died last November 25. It was a very hard day. Today, I still think of her from time to time.
5. What country did you visit?
- Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to go out of the country this year. I had to forego my travel since I’m paying for something.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
- I’m quite happy with what I have. I guess the answer would be a special someone. I would really love to have someone by my side. Someone who’d stuck with me despite of my imperfections.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- January 5 – learned how to “unlove” someone I love. It’s a risk that I had to take; I had to break a friendship. It was hard and I ended up breaking my own heart but it was also liberating.
- January 22 – I have created an enemy on twitter and “it” never stopped on sending hate tweets and random “parinigs”. It is funny because it is pathetic. And I’m using “it” because something as ugly as it can’t be considered as human. Ha-ha!
- March 5-8 – traveled alone in Cebu and took the local mode of transportation went to Bohol the next day to celebrate my birthday. Continued my birthday tradition which is to eat a blueberry cheesecake since 1999 and travel out of town since 2008.
- May 1 – went to Baguio with the Rushers for 2D1N despite the short span of the trip it was memorable because of company
- June 11-13 – woke up late and didn’t make it to my flight, I had to buy a new plane ticket just to go to Boracay. Again, I was alone in this travel.
- July29-31 – went to Camotes Island in Cebu with my friend Trina. This was memorable because we’ve been sisters of the traveling pants and it was our reunion trip together after almost of 2 years of not traveling together.
- August 19 – 22 – went to Dumaguete and Siquijor with Aissa one of my closest friend and we have so much fun. Apo Island is the best snorkeling site I’ve been to. We went home soaking wet and we’re like crazy kids!
- August 31 – my parents home coming!
- September 15 – I accidentally made a reservation for a condominium unit.
- September 17 – birth of Vin Seth, my nephew
- November 22 -24 – first time to travel with high school friends. We went to Palawan and it was fun. I fell in love with the firefly watching and with the cute tour guide, too.
- December 27 – my sister and her family’s homecoming!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- I was able to put a deposit and started paying for the down payment of a property. I never really thought that I would be doing this in my life.
9. What was your biggest failure?
- I can’t actually think of something that I can consider as a failure maybe one and it is I wasn’t serious in achieving and completing my 101 things to do in 1001 days.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
- No major illness and injury but I was finally diagnosed with scoliosis. I underwent several PT sessions throughout the year.
11. What was/were the best thing/s you bought?
- Airplane tickets, iPad2 and my soon-to-be condominium
12. Where did most of your money go?
- Travel, food, savings and gadgets
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- My sister’s coming home and my biggest investment so far
14. What songs will always remind you of 2011?
- What Doesn’t Kill You (Stronger), Fall In Love, Someone Like You, Turning Tables, One and Only, So Gone
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- Happier or sadder? I’m always happy. I don’t do sadness anymore. I’ve let go of those people who make me sad. So again, I’m happier.
- Thinner or fatter? I guess this would be THINNER, I had to go on a strict diet because my blood test showed bad results then I was successful with not eating pork and lessened my rice in-take. I’ve lost 10 lbs. in 1 and ½ months.
- Richer or poorer? I’d say RICHER, thanks to the annual salary increase and the unexpected 16th month bonus. Plus this year I was really forced to save up.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
- Saving up and my last year’s “more of” list – reading books, solving jigsaw puzzles and studying how to bake and cook.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
- Procrastinating and bitching around – not really, just procrastinating. Ha-ha!
18. How did you be spend the holidays?
- Parents are here for the holidays. We did the usual Noche Buena and drank beer and wine. Media Noche was more fun because my sister was here. We celebrated the holidays at home.
19. Did you fall in love in 2011?
- No, I didn’t.
20. How many one-night stands?
- Oh, I didn’t count. I actually did let’s just say that it increased 400% this year. I’m such a slut.
- Old – Supernatural, The Amazing Race and Survivor
- New – Australia’s Junior Master chef, Revenge, Californication and Cougar Town
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
- Yes, the fat bitch with a pea-sized brain who threatened to kill us because she didn’t get the context of the joke. Apparently, (I didn’t know) that stupid people can actually kill you because they’re stupid.
23. What was the best book you read?
- I really fell in love with Coraline, it is the only book that I was able to finish but I started The Game of Thrones last month of the year and still reading it to date.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
- I really had a hard time answering this question because I didn’t get to like a new artist but I liked Javier Colon and Dia Frampton from The Voice.
25. What did you want and got?
- iPad2 – I don’t actually want it that much but I really needed it for the wedding coordination.
26. What were your favorite films of this year?
- Zombadings, I even watched it twice. The Green Hornet, Kung Fu Panda2
27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
- I went to Cebu for a day then on the eve of my birthday I was in Bohol. Underneath the stars, I ate blueberry cheesecake. I celebrated my 32nd birthday alone and listened to the One Republic’s Good Life because I believe that I have a good life and blessed.
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- If I were able to go out of the country and explored a new country. I’m wanderlust!
29. What kept you sane?
- And who said I was sane? Well good friends like the Wedding Wizards and we were busy with our wedding coordination business. We had a total of 8 clients for 2011. The usual travel with friends helped me, too.
30. What political issue stirred you the most?
- I don’t usually listen to politics but to answer this I think the anti-planking bill is a big joke.
31. Who did you miss?
- My dog, Tracy because she died last November 25, my sister and mom and UST friends because I don’t get to see them as often as before and my friend, Stephen but everything’s different now.
32. Who was the best new person you met?
- Alan Agrao – he’s really smart and witty and funny unfortunately I didn’t get to attend his wedding and meet him.
- Jon Litiatco – he actually followed me on twitter then unfollowed then I looked and checked his twitter and thought he looked interesting. Then I followed him then he followed back. Had few conversations until I asked for his email then we had been exchanging emails regularly. He introduced Californication to me and I loved it.
- Chantel – she’s my elevator classmate in the office. She’s jolly and smart that’s why I love talking to her.
33. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
- There are things that you don’t want to continue but you’re afraid to end and in the end you still have to choose what’s best for you even if it hurts.
- Letting go is hard. Forgiving someone who doesn’t even know how to ask for forgiveness is harder.
- If you have a strong self-control and discipline you can achieve anything and everything.