This is a tradition I’ve started last 2010. I’ve done a recap of the year that has passed. A trip down the memory lane, read on bitches!
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’ve never done before?
- I’ve performed a spontaneous improvisation theatre with an American cast from Beijing last June 30 during the Manila festival. I surprisingly enjoyed it despite the fact that I had to perform using a foreign language.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year?
- I’m not a fan of resolutions but I tried to do a “101 things in 1001 days” but I failed big time. What I’m planning to do this 2013 is to be spiritually upright and active. Hopefully I can achieve this so I could be a better person.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
- Yes my high school best buddy, Annie.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
- My dear colleague Edwin. It was a surprise. Too bad we didn’t know that he’s been sick for months.
5. What country did you visit?
- None! Stop asking about things that I wished I’ve done last year.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
- I’m really satisfied with 2012 and I couldn’t ask for more. Gazillion of blessings were received and I think it is the best year so far but just to answer the question, I guess I would have to say, like last year I’d like to have someone to spend the best day with.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- January – I was surprised when my ex-boss called me in her work station and gave me a letter of upgrade. I was ecstatic for days because I wasn’t expecting that after years of waiting I finally got a job grade change. Something that I am thankful for until today.
- 3rd week of January – Traveled to Boracay with my siblings. This travel is one of the best having spent the week end with them in an island like Boracay is a memory that I won’t forget. The water sports experience is hilarious.
- February 29 – Will always be etched in my memory. It was the day when our CFO called me in her office and announced that I will be assigned on a special project and it will be an open-ended one. Guess what that special assignment ended up as a permanent one.
- March 7-10 – Celebrated my birthday in Bohol for the 2nd straight year but this time I was able to convince my friends to come join me welcome my birthday! It was an experience that I won’t forget. Had so much fun in the sun plus I was able to go snorkeling on my actual birthday.
- March – April – It was one of the most challenging months being just new in the assigned role and the company has shifted to a new system and platform I had no choice but to quickly understand and keep up with the project. It was fulfilling when the cut-over activities was done.
- Sometime May – I’ve openly discussed with my manager my fear and frustration with the work situation and the unnecessary anxiety and the battle between going back to the old work assignment and new challenge.
- July 2nd week – Got a surprise message from someone. He opened up and shared something personal that I didn’t expect at all. That day started a relationship that I’m totally thankful for. It may not be the relationship that I had hoped for but it’s something that worth treasuring.
- August – My first time to be awake at work for 30 straight hours. It was all the fault of an incompetent and egoistic manager in the company.
- Sometime August – September – It was made known that my boss’ application for my promotion was approved and I just have to fill up several documents to support the pending papers.
- September 8 – Started a friendly conversation with someone in twitter that ended up becoming a friendship in the long run. Regular text messages and calls were made. Having someone around to talk to is very comforting.
- October 6 – A wedding wizard event shared with my best buddy Pipi. Her cousin got married and it was a fun experience to share an experience with someone you grew up with and seeing you in an action. It’s like opening another side of me to someone who’ve I known for a long time.
- October 12-15 – Got the chance to travel with my best buddies, May, Jett and Benson. I was able to conquer my fear from the 4×4 truck ride at Paoay Sand Dunes. We traveled far north and enjoyed every minute of it.
- Mid-November – After 7 years and 2nd good news of the year, I got promoted. My transfer was made official coupled with a gift. A blessing that I am most grateful for.
- November 9 – 12 – Wedding wizards’ first out-of-Luzon event. This activity wasn’t just an event for us; it was our time to bond and took some time off our busy schedules.
- December 14 – After realizing that I really missed dancing and doing an activity out-of-the-box I joined our company’s dance group and competed in the annual Christmas party. It was a very fun experience. Met lot of new faces and friends along the way.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- I was too lucky to be both upgraded and promoted at work in the same year. A truly blessed year.
9. What was your biggest failure?
- I wasn’t able to continue and complete my 101 things to do in 1001 days. It started very promising but ended up as a big failure. I also stopped from blogging due to the work requirements.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
- No major illnesses and injuries. I was treated at the emergency room for a mistake I’ve made while cleaning our comfort room in the apartment. A very stupid mistake.
11. What was/were the best thing/s you bought?
- An iPhone. It complemented my iPad. Calendars and schedules were made easy to organize.
12. Where did most of your money go?
- Amortization of my property and living allowance like food and transportation.
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- My promotion. It was unexpected because the first feedback I’ve heard was the top management didn’t allow it but surprisingly my boss pursued and went thru her ways.
14. What songs will always remind you of 2012?
- Terrified by Katharine McPhee and Zachary Levi and Bright Lights and Cityscapes by Sara Bareilles
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- Happier or sadder? I’m definitely happy and contented. Happier maybe because my career at work has climbed another level.
- Thinner or fatter? Definitely THINNER!!! Work stress is the main reason.
- Richer or poorer? I’d say RICHER with all the blessings I’ve received last 2012.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
- Learning how to cook, reading books and writing blogs.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
- Worrying about work and being stressed out but I can’t help it work just sucks sometimes.
18. How did you be spend the holidays?
- Spent it at home with my parents and Philippine-based siblings. A traditional feast was shared with the family.
19. Did you fall in love in 2012?
- No, I didn’t. What is love anyway? Borrowing the song from the 80s. Ha-ha!
20. How many one-night stands?
- Oh, I’m not telling this year.
21. What were your favorite TV programs this year?
- Old – Supernatural, The Amazing Race and Survivor, Revenge, Parenthood
- New – Person of Interest and Castle
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
- I’m happy to say none this year.
23. What was the best book you read?
- Unfortunately I wasn’t able to finish a single book. Hopefully I’ll get to finish one this 2013.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
- I guess Phillip Phillips the American Idol winner. I wasn’t able to love and like a new artist last 2012.
25. What did you want and got?
- An iPhone and promotion at work.
26. What were your favorite films of this year?
- I didn’t watch a single movie in the cinema so I can’t recall much but top of mind would be The Dark Knight Rises, 7 pounds and The Iron Lady.
27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
- I went to Bohol with my good friends The Wedding Wizards and this is my 2nd straight year to celebrate it there. It’s my 33rd birthday and we went snorkeling and spent the rest of the day worshipping the sun.
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- Same with last year’s – If I were able to go out of the country and explored a new country. I’m wanderlust!
29. What kept you sane?
- Probably the support of friends around me. Nothing else would keep me sane.
30. What political issue stirred you the most?
- I don’t listen to the news at all. I don’t give a damn about national issue and how it is being sensationalized in the television.
31. Who did you miss?
- My sister. Being away from her is very hard but good thing technology helps with keeping our communication line open and strong.
32. Who was the best new person you met?
- Florence – she’s my boss and I’m really thankful for having an opportunity to work with her. I think I’ll learn from her a lot.
- Cathy –she’s a former seat mate at work. I’m really happy that I was able to be seated beside her that paved the way for me to be close my officemates today.
- Leah – she’s really fun to be with. We can talk about everything. I’m really honored that she has shared personal
- Ron, Oline and Sarah – my small support group. I’m so happy and proud of my team.
- Glen aka Khiko Monster – from a twitter follower to a constant person I exchange messages with and person that I get to talk with for at least once a week
33. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
- One has to learn how to accept new challenges in life and take everything you’ve learned from the past and make it as a guide to be successful
- Life is about going out-of-the-box, out-of-the-ordinary and out-of-the-comfort zone. Life is about taking risks and making things happen.