This is a tradition I’ve started last 2010. I’ve done a recap of the year that has passed. A trip down the memory lane, read on bitches!
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’ve never done before?
- I have dyed my hair and everybody loved it. Was able to ran about 10-km on a regular basis.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions and will you make more for next year?
- I’m not a fan of resolutions what I’m planning to do this 2013 is to be spiritually upright and active. Hopefully I can achieve this so I could be a better person. ß This is what I wrote at the start of the year, I think I failed.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
- Joy one of my closest friends from college. It is her second son.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
- Luckily none.
5. What country did you visit?
- Finally I was able to go back to the US after three long years.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
- I’m quite happy with my 2013 despite major challenges at work. I think what I really lacked in 2013 is a normal and not-too-stressful work that I’d kill to have this year.
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- January – Started to get constant communication with someone.
- March 7-9 – Celebrated my birthday in Boracay and luckily my friend Edrick was there, too. Got to meet his good friends.
- April 27 – Finally met this amazing person in the flesh. After months of being in constant communication with him. A whole day of fun. One of my personal favorites for 2013.
- April 29 – Got crazy and went to Alabang to meet this person for the last time before I leave for the US. Had an amazing dinner and tea that night. Funny thing, we accidentally bumped into my brother so he got to meet him and my mom.
- April 30 to May 21 – Took my long awaited 3-wk absence from work. Got to spend weeks of wonderful fun road trips with my sister and family. Got to meet my high school friends, Pipi and Thea, several times.
- June – finished all the bank financing requirements and in less than a month of preparing for it, my loan got approved.
- June or sometime in July – I have realized that this special person changed. It was sudden though the communication was still there but the warmth diminished. It was one of the trying times but I remained strong.
- August – I have discovered the reason for the change and I had to pick up my pieces. I decided to let go.
- September – a wizard left at the middle of projects. Personally it was frustrating for me.
- November – met someone new but he just couldn’t replace the hope I have for the other person. But I began to date him consistently.
- Early December – the plot thickens. I have discovered a different character. This time, there was no choice but to let go entirely.
- December – families from other countries went home for the holidays. Finally after so many years we were complete.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- I was able to keep a special friendship with someone I have met personally midway the relationship.
9. What was your biggest failure?
- I’ve pushed someone to resign from his post. I was kind of hoping that I could change his mind set being his mentor.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
- I just went back to the pain rehabilitation due to persistent back problems. Later on, I’ve found out that my spines’ degree of curve progressed.
11. What was/were the best thing/s you bought?
- The airline ticket to the US and the very beautiful convertible dining table from IKEA.
12. Where did most of your money go?
- Amortization of my property and living allowance like food and transportation.
13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- Meeting someone for the first time and my 3-wk vacation.
14. What songs will always remind you of 2013?
- Just say yes by Snow Patrol, Original Soundtrack from the play The Last Five Years
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- Happier or sadder? I’m definitely happy but I couldn’t say that I am happier.
- Thinner or fatter? I think I am fatter. I have targeted to maintain a certain range of weight.
- Richer or poorer? I’d say just the same. I was lucky enough that I didn’t have to beg for money.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
- Things that I’ve wished in the past years like learning how to cook, reading books and writing blogs.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
- Hoping that he’d love me back. I should have let go when I still had control over my feelings.
18. How did you be spend the holidays?
- Spent it with my family at home. New Year’s Eve rocked.
19. Did you fall in love in 2013?
- Yes I did.
20. How many one-night stands?
- Oh, I can’t say. I’m not telling.
21. What were your favorite TV programs this year?
- Old – Supernatural, The Amazing Race and Survivor, Revenge, Parenthood, Person of Interest, Game of Thrones
- New – Downton Abbey and Sherlock Holmes
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
- Yes that ugly thing that blocked me on twitter because it got jealous.
23. What was the best book you read?
- Started to read Game of Thrones but I wasn’t able to finish unfortunately.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
- I can’t exactly remember if there was any.
25. What did you want and got?
- The 3-wk vacation.
26. What were your favorite films of this year?
- Watching movies is one of the things that I miss the most. The only movie I can think of is the Trilogy – Before Sunrise, Before Sunset and Before Midnight. Iron Man 3 because this is the only movie I’ve watched in the cinema. And the local film, Four Sisters and a Wedding because it made me cry.
27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
- I went to Boracay and luckily my friend Edrick was there, too so I’ve met him and his friends. As a tradition, I would be welcoming the day on the shore while eating cheesecake and I did that. I was alone but I was accompanied virtually by someone and I really find it sweet. I turned 34 and I was sick from the afternoon until night.
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
- If the un-thinkable happened. If he just broke away and took that risk with me.
29. What kept you sane?
- Knowing and being close to someone. He really brightened up most of my days.
30. What political issue stirred you the most?
- I don’t listen to the news at all. I don’t give a damn about national issue and how it is being sensationalized in the television.
31. Who did you miss?
- Him. He changed towards the remainder of the year. It was such a bummer.
32. Who was the best new person you met?
- Drix – though he should not be qualified under this category because I have known him for years but I finally got to really know him and I am really thankful because he such a sweet guy.
- Lhen – didn’t expect that this bully would be someone I could be close with. Our friendship started over twitter then to whatsapp then everything clicked. Such a sweet friend.
- Erwin – this person I really didn’t expect I’d get close to. I remember I really tried my hardest to let him feel that I really wanted to know him as a friend. He was a snob but sometime towards the end of the year we’ve found ourselves talking more and more. I think we are lot alike and our wavelengths met.
- Jay – probably the best discovery of the year. Well, technically we started talking the last day of 2012 but I’d still categorize him under 2013. The constant communication, all modes regardless of time zones. I’ve never imagined that I’d find someone like him. We’d talk about everything and anything. It was something that I am very thankful of. I could honestly say that he was the biggest reason why 2013 was memorable to me.
33. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
- Some people are real, some people are good, some people are fake and some people are good at being fake.
- The happiest people don’t have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything.
- One should never hold back, love is not a trick of the mind when you feel it, go for it and don’t turn back just because you are too afraid to get hurt.